The 2023 Day of Immunology theme is ‘Immunology Talks to Public Health.’ IUIS & EFIS invite all international societies to join in the effort to increase global awareness of the importance of immunology and demonstrate how our understanding of human immunology can improve public health.
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm | COVID-19 in 2023: the Immunology and Public Health Perspective
Each Speaker will make a short introductory presentation followed by a discussion by all. Moderated by Dr. Rita Carsetti (Italy) and Dr. Rino Rappuoli (Italy)
- Dr. Andrea Carfi (USA) Vaccines
- Dr. Andreas Radbruch (Germany) B Cells
- Dr. Chiara Agrati (Italy) Frail patients; children
- Dr. Alessandro Sette (USA) T Cells
- Dr. Qihui Wang (China)
- Dr. Ursula Wiedermann-Schmidt (Austria) Frail patients; adults
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm | Break
3:30 pm – 5:30 pm | How can we make better vaccines for respiratory infections? What Can We Do Better?
Each Speaker will make a short introductory presentation followed by a discussion by all. Moderated by Dr. Isabelle Bekeredjian-Ding (Germany) and Dr. Emilio Malchiodi (Argentina)
- Dr. Cristina Cassetti (USA) Preparedness
- Dr. Erik Jongert (Belgium) New vaccines
- Dr. Annateresa Palamara (Italy) Vaccines
- Dr. Bali Pulendran (USA) Read out of efficacy
- Dr. Rino Rappuoli (Italy) Preparedness
- Dr. Gianluca Rotta (Italy) Read out of efficacy
- Dr. Linqi Zhang (China) Vaccines
Spread the word
Share your message about #Dayof Immunology #ThankYouImmunology on social media using the resources provided in our media kit below. Remember to tag IUIS in your posts (Twitter @iuis_online / Facebook @IUISorg / Instagram @iuis_online).
IUIS is thankful for the non-conditional support of our industry partners to help ensure Day of Immunology 2023 is a success!