The European Advanced Course and Conference on Immunology, will be held from 27-31 August at the Faculty of Health in Rouen Normandy (easily and rapidly accessible from Paris). A program filled by international clinical immunology leaders will give a clinical twist on key cellular and molecular immunology topics.
By means of plenary lectures and scientific seminars, this five-day course will provide a high-quality, up-to-date comprehensive coverage of major topics in immunology, including the mechanisms involved in innate and adaptive immunity at molecular and cellular levels. The molecular and genetic basis of immunologically-mediated diseases, cancer immunology as well as recent advances in interventional and clinical immunology will also be addressed. In addition, a participative workshop will allow attendees to acquire essential skills on building a clinical trial and drafting a protocol. Junior researchers, who will be selected based on the quality of their submitted abstracts will have the opportunity to share their own work. This course will provide participants the opportunity to interact through questions and discussions with distinguished scientists in the clinical immunology field.
All lecturers encourage interaction with the students through questions and discussions during lecture time. There is also ample opportunity for students to interact with the faculty outside the lecture room.
This course is designed for:
- Clinical fellows in disciplines related to immunology, including rheumatology, allergy, infectious disease, oncology and transplantation
- PhD and Post-doctoral fellows doing basic research with an emphasis on human disease
- Scientists or other research and development personnel from biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies who are involved in developing new therapies for immunological disease
- Academic or community physicians who wish to enhance their understanding of immunology
After the course, attendees will be able to:
- Master the basis of immunological and immunopathological mechanisms
- Discuss recent advances and emerging themes in immunology
- Be familiar with the current and upcoming strategies for therapeutic immune intervention
- Know the main types of clinical trials in immunology and be introduced to the translation of preclinical work into a clinical trial protocol